Masala Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Recipe
For marination process
- 250 grams paneer (cottage cheese)
- 3/4 teaspoon gram masala
- 3/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon salt / as per required
Take paneer in a bowl add all the above mention ingredients an leave it for 15 minutes.
Take a pan heat ghee (clarified butter)/olive oil and fry paneer cubes for 1 minute and keep aside.
Gravy preparation method
- Firstly, in a large pan take 2 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter
- add cumin seed , bayleaf , cinnamon stick , green chillies, cardamom, cloves.saute till the spices turn aromatic.
- Furthermore, add in chopped onion and fry until it turns golden.
- Now add chopped ginger and garlic, saute well.
- When it turns golden brown, add chopped coriander leaves and some kasturi methi (fenugreek leaf) and saute well.
- Now add in turmeric , red chilli powder, coriander powder, chicken masala , roasted gram flour(chick pea flour) and salt.
- Saute on medium flame till the spices are cooked well.
- Now add tomato pulp and saute till it releases oil.
- when the spices start releasing oil, turn flame on high and add 1 cup of water and mix continuously
- Now add in fried paneer cubes .
- Cover for 2min in low flame till paneer absorbs the spices.
- Now add in gram masala powder and crushed kasturi methi (fenugreek leaf).
- Turn off the flame
- Finally , garnish it with malai and serve with rice or roti (chapati).
Ingredients of Masala Paneer (curry / gravy)
- 250gm paneer (cottage cheese) cubes, cubes
- 3 medium size onion chopped, chopped
- 2 medium size tomato puree, paste
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons cookin oil
- 2 green cardamom
- 2 gloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 inch ginger chopped, chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves chopped, chopped
- 4-5 green chillies chopped, chopped
- 2 teaspoons coriander leaves(cilantro) chopped, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kasturi methi(fenugreek leaves), crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons chicken masala powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream, optional
- if you are new to Indian cooking , I highly suggest you to follow the step by step photos with description available
|Serving size: 4 person|
|Calories from Fat||261|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 29 g||45%|
|Saturated fat 16 g||80%|
|Carbohydrates 15 g||5%|
|Sugar 6 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 11 g||22%|
|Cholesterol 71 mg||24%|
|Sodium 494 mg||21%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2020 Supriyasharma