Mashed Potatoes (Potato) - Bengali Alu Bhate
Bengali Name: Alu Bhate
It is really difficult to find a Bengali person who has never heard the name of Alu bhate. It is the simplest of the entire Bengali cuisine. It is very simple to prepare and healthy for all age group. Try it right now.
Ingredients Serve for 2 -4
- Potato (Alu) medium size 4 no
- Onion small 1no
- Green chilli 2 no
- Clarified butter (Ghee) 2 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Boil the potatoes and then peel those.
- Mash it well.
- Chop onion and green chilies and add those to mashed potatoes.
- Add clarified butter and salt and test the seasoning.
- Serve with rice and masoor dal.
You can replace clarified butter with mustard oil; it will give you an entirely different taste.