- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Recipe for Masoor Pulao
"Masoor Pulav" is a named after the lentil (dal) used in the recipe. Masoor dal (lentil) and Rice forms the base of this recipe. And "pulav" word is used for rice here. This is a pure veg recipe but full of spices. Recently I made it , so I thought to upload its recipe. If you want to have something spicy in very short duration, then this is the best option for you.
- 2 cups Rice, Basmati (long)
- 1 cup Masoor Dal, available at any Indian Stores
- 1 cup Potato, cut it into 12 pieces (for big one)
- 1 tpsp. Y ogurt, Plain
- 1l2 cup Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp. Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Green Chilli, Cut into half after splitting
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- Salt, to taste
Try this book for more Indian Recipes
- Wash and soak Rice and Masoor dal for around 10 mins. Heat oil in a deep pan and add cumin seeds, onion, ginger garlic paste to it.
- Now add Masoor Dal and potatoes to it. Add garam masala powder,salt, green chilli.
- Now add 600 ml of water to it. When the water starts boiling, add rice in it. Now cover the pan and allow it to cook for 5-7 mins.
- Now add yogurt to it and cook it again until the rice are completely cooked and there is no water remaining in it.
- Serve and enjoy it with buttermilk!! If you are looking for more Indian recipes then refer the mentioned book. It has got 1000 Indian Recipes.
More of my Recipes to try
- Bread Pudding: A Desert which is very easy to make and delicious in taste.
- Fruit Custard: It is the simplest Desert I have ever made.
- Home Made Mayonnaise Sauce: Quickest way of making fresh mayonnaise sauce at home with various flavors.
- Chicken Tikka : It is a spicy Chicken Dish which has got lots of flavors in it.
- Yogurt Curry: Indian Traditional dish made from Yogurt. Must try!
- Potato and Fenugreek (Aloo Methi): It is an Indian Dish which has got potato and Fenugreek leaves in it. It is one my favourite dish, as it is very easy making and tasty.
- Recipe for Dal Fry: It is also called "Dal Tadka". Dal fry is a recipe which has got 5 different lentils in it. It is an Indian traditional Dish.