In Spring thoughts often turn to family gatherings. To add a special dessert touch to the Spring Menu, give this yummy pie a try.
This pie is based on a specialty pie that was made in Kentucky to honor the Kentucky Derby. The original name is Trademarked, and the recipe is secret. The original recipe calls for Walnuts, or Black Walnuts which can be changed for a nut with a milder taste.
The taste may remind you of Chest Pie.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 1 stick of margine, melted - warm to touch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2-3 T bourbon, optional. Beat in well before nuts and chocolate chips are added.
- 1 pie crust, frozen
- Mix the sugar and flour together.
- Beat the 2 eggs together before adding to the dry ingredients.
- Add the vanilla
- If using the optional bourbon, add at this point and mix for 2 minutes.
- Then slowly add chocolate chips and pecans. Mix well
- Pour into pie shell, and place on middle rack of oven.
Best Way to Serve
Serving warm with vanilla ice cream makes this a dessert to remember.
Approximate Nutritional Information
|Serving size: 1 slice|
|Calories from Fat||369|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 41 g||63%|
|Carbohydrates 60 g||20%|
|Sugar 44 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Cholesterol 111 mg||37%|
|Sodium 420 mg||18%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|