Meal Ideas for Hot Days - Recipes for Hot Summer Days & Weather!
Cool of With A Frozen Drink Machine!
Indoor Grills Give Off Little Heat!
Let's face it - when it's hot and humid out, cooking something hot for lunch or dinner can seem totally unappealing. You still need to eat, so here are some great meal ideas for hot weather. No need to microwave or turn on the oven; these are great recipes for hot summer days! Serve your summer meals with ice water or low calorie iced tea to help cool you down.
Wraps & Sandwich Ideas for Hot Weather
A sandwich is a great meal for super hot and humid days.
Whether you're cooking for lunch or dinner, you can really get creative. Here
are some easy sandwich and salad ideas:
- Wrap sandwiches are lighter fare and can be stuffed with healthy veggies and lean meats. My favorite type of wrap is a veggie wrap with crunchy pickles, cucumbers, kalamata olives, tomatoes and some low-fat cheese.
- Wrap sandwich ideas: A greek wrap is flavorful and healthy - you'll need: lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, kalamata olives and feta. Drizzle the ingredients with a bit of greek dressing and roll-up. It's a sandwich and salad all wrapped into one!
- A caesar salad wrap is another great lunch or dinner idea for hot days. Mix romaine lettuce hearts, croutons, cucumbers and cold grilled chicken slices and roll-up.
- For a more indulgent lunch, try a croissant with smoked turkey, provolone and rosemary mayo. Serve with a side of fruit salad and a side salad.
- Pita pockets also make great sandwiches. Combine sliced cucumbers and hummus, piled into a toasted whole wheat pita. Totally healthy and very delicious.
Cold Pasta Salad Ideas
A hearty pasta salad can be a meal in itself. Of course this requires already having the pasta cooked, but you can do that the night before when it's a bit cooler. You can get creative and add pretty much anything you have around the house (diced luncheon meat, sunflower seeds, croutons, chick peas, etc.) Check out these cold pasta salad recipes for some quick and easy flavorful pasta salads that you'll enjoy.
Tuna or Chicken Salad
A great alternative to a tuna or chicken salad is to serve the salad without bread on top of a bed or lettuce. Or, try serving a scoop of tuna salad with a handful Doritos. My favorite combo is tuna salad and bleu cheese ranch Doritos. Serve with a side of fruit and you have a great, fun-to-eat lunch!
Sunshine Summer Salad
Last summer, I wrote an article on one of my favorite summer salads to make. It's fruity, nutty, creamy and totally delicious! It Check out the recipe : easy summer salad idea
More Articles On Staying Cool This Summer
- Tips for Staying Cool In The Heat - Tips For Keeping Your House Cool Without Air Conditioning
A bunch of great tips and ideas on how to keep you and your house cool this summer, without an air conditioning unit!
Other cool meal ideas for hot, humid and icky weather
Dips and spreads on top of artisan bread or crackers served with a side of your favorite food make great meals for humid weather. Try out some of these gourmet ideas:
- Creamy goat cheese spread atop rosemary garlic crackers
- Pre-made olive tapenade on top of crusty french bread.
- Cream cheese and olives atop wheat crackers.
- Serve these ideas with a basic side salad and 1/2 a cup of fruit and you have a quick and easy light meal to serve for those hot summer nights!