Meal Planning: Frozen Meat Recipes, From Freezer To Oven
Cooking with Frozen Meat
Soon school will start again, and we all know what that means. Less time, and probably a little less money-initially anyway. There are school supplies, clothes or uniforms and electronics to purchase and book fees to pay.
Using frozen meat, both cooked and uncooked, helps save money on the food budget and time in the kitchen. Purchase lean ground beef in bulk. Divide into planned meals by the pound. Add seasonings and spices for tacos, spaghetti or sloppy joes and then freeze in Ziplock bags.
Meatballs can be made and frozen cooked or uncooked. In the morning, toss frozen uncooked meatballs in a slow-cooker with marinara, Alfredo or pesto sauce. Add chopped onions, peppers, spices and 1/2 cup liquid like milk or water. Then simply boil pasta and add a veggie or two for a quick, healthy dinner.
Make and cook your favorite meatloaf recipe and freeze whole. On those school nights when homework makes the evening hectic, thaw out a baggie for quick dishes for pennies per serving, or cook the meatloaf until the internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Awesome Cook Books For Busy Folks Who Want To Eat Healthy
Quick and Healthy Meal Idea
Sweet Potato Home Fries Recipe
Make sweet potato home fries. Tangy and tasty, made with a basting of lemon juice, olive oil and other ingredients. For complete recipe clink the recipe link here.
Rosemary Lemon Chicken
Buy frozen uncooked chicken breasts in bulk to save money on poultry dishes. They can be cooked in a preheated 350 degree oven in less than an hour without thawing. Top them with sauce, salsa or condensed soups about halfway through cooking, piercing the breasts with a fork.
There is no need to give up gourmet taste for meal planning in a hurry. Make delicious rosemary lemon chicken with lemon slices and sprigs of fresh rosemary. Make a marinate of olive oil, lemon juice and crushed rosemary leaves.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, pierce with a fork, and brush on the marinade. Add a sprig of rosemary and top with a slice of lemon.
Return to the oven about 15 or 20 more minutes or until the chicken breasts are done. Sprinkle with paprika and serve with steamed broccoli. Buy the frozen broccoli; it is quicker to cook and just as nutritious as fresh.
For a really special mid-week treat, serve rosemary lemon chicken with sweet potato home fries and steamed frozen broccoli. It is a quick and healthy meal.
Ingredients For Rosemary-Lemon Chicken
- 4-6 Chicken breasts, Frozen
- 4-6 Sprigs Rosemary, Fresh
- One Lemon, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil
- Peppercorns, Ground
- 2 TBS Rosemary leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place frozen chicken breasts in a shallow dish and place in preheated oven
- Mix butter, olive oil, lemon juice and rosemary leaves.
- Meanwhile, mix the olive oil and melted butter. Add the lemon juice and garlic.
- Baste frozen chicken breast with mixture often while baking. Pierce chicken with a meat fork.
- Top each chicken breast with a lemon slice and sprig of fresh rosemary
- Bake rosemary lemon chicken for about 50 minutes
Other Ideas For Cooking Frozen Chicken
- Baste with your favorite barbecue sauce while cooking
- Cook frozen chicken breasts in cream of mushroom soup
- Make a quick chicken Parmesian
- Cook with blue cheese dressing and bacon bits
- Top with salsa halfway through cooking
These are just a few ideas for cooking frozen chicken breasts. I'll bet you can get creative and come up with your own quick, delicious recipe