- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Sour Citrus and Black Kale Smoothie Shake with orange, lemon and lime
Quick smoothie shake
- 1 slice Lemon
- 1 slice Lime
- 3 cups Ice
- 500ml Orange juice
- 4 medium leaves Black Kale
- 1 Blend Active blender and bottle
Good quality blenders like Blend Active
Very easy smoothie recipe
- Put 3 cups of ice cubes in the blender
- Pour in the fresh Orange juice (bits or no bits - it's up to you)
- Slice up the Black Kale leaves and put in blender
- Slice the lemon in to eight thin slices and add one to your blender. Put the rest in the fridge
- Repeat step 4, this time using a lime
- Ensure lid is securely fastened to blender, and blend for 1 minute or until all solids have been blended to your satisfaction
- Serve and sip!
This smoothie is ideal for anyone who wants to pack up a huge amount of vitamins in to their diet. The citrus fruits are packed with Vitamin C, and the Black Kale is high in calcium, fibre and iron! This is an amazing superfood smoothie and if you're already on the Kale bandwagon, you should definitely try it black. Black Kale is one of the healthiest foods on the planet! Read on to hear some of the benefits of black kale.
If you're stuck for time at lunch, or if you want something quick and easy to snack on, without feeling guilty and visiting the dreaded fast food takeaway round the corner, then plug in your blender and get started with this. Stay healthy, alert and active with this great tasting blend.
Different Kale varieties
Cavolo Nero / Black Kale
Although this recipe specifically asks for black kale, do feel free to use any kind of kale. Black Kale is also commonly known as 'Cavolo Nero'. The nutritional benefits of Cavolo Nero include:
- May help prevent cancer and suppress growth of tumours
- Full of anti-oxidants
- Prevents free radicals
- High in vitamins
- High in calcium
- High in iron
- High in fibre
In fact, Cavolo Nero, or 'Black Kale' is one of the healthiest types of kale you can get. And that's why we include it here.