- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
Meat And Potato Curry
Meat is favorite food of so many people. It is said for health, its best to use white meat like fish or chicken. But some times for a change Mutton or Beef could be taken. To maintain variation in daily cooking we can add man different ingredients. Today i have chosen Beef for this recipe but you can add fish, chicken or Mutton its up to you. This recipe will taste good with any type of meat you add in it.
- 1/2 kg Meat(chicken/mutton/Beef/fish), small pieces
- 1/2 kg Potato, cut in four
- 2, 1/2 medium Onion, paste/ 1/2 sliced
- 2 medium Tomatoes, paste
- 4 big Green chili, cut in half
- 1 cup Oil
- 1 tbs Ginger, paste
- 1 tbs Garlic, paste
- 1 tbs Red chili, powder
- 1/2 tbs Turmeric, powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbs Coriander seed, powder
- 2 tbs Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp Ground spice, powder
- 3 Glasses Water
- Turn on stove, put on a cooker or a deep cooking pot. Add oil and sliced onion, cook till it becomes light golden. Add Ginger, Garlic paste in it. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Now add Onion paste and cook for 3 minutes, now add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander seed powder and slat. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add Tomato paste and cook till oil becomes visible. Now add meat and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add 3 glass of water. And cook for 15 minutes. If using cooking pot cook for 1 and a half hour on slow heat. Open it if meat is tender add potatoes, cover it for 8 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add green chili, cook for 3 minutes on slow heat. Meat And Potato Curry is ready. Dish out and garnish it with Coriander leaves and Ground spice powder.
As I have told in my previous recipes, Potatoes are rich in nutrition they provide us with vitamins, potassium, fiber, thiamine, riboflavin, foliate, magnesium, phosphorous, iron, and zinc. Potatoes are found in different sizes and the taste also has variety as you can also have sweet potatoes in markets. Potatoes are low ca-lorry diet which could be taken by stomach and heart patients as well. Potatoes are easy to digest and have amazing texture.
And for meat Beef has protein, vitamin, calcium, silicon, sulfur, magnesium, phosphorous and trace minerals. Its good to take in low blood pressure and cold. People who are weak in heath should also eat this type of food which is rich in calories and proteins. It will help build a strong and muscular body and create a healthy immune system because beef is huge food source for Protein, Vitamin B12 and Zinc.