- Food and Cooking
Meat and Potato Patties
Thinking about making something different than regular hamburgers, how about making these flavorful and crispy meat and potato patties for the day! They are great as an appetizer, breakfast, main meal or snack. They also keep and freeze well.
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 5 medium potatoes peeled and grated
- 1 large onion peeled and grated
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup oil
- Add all the ingredients (except oil) to a large bowl. Using your hands mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- To form the patties, take a handful of the meat mixture, about the size of a jumbo egg, form into a ball. Then pat it flat to about 1/3 of an inch thick and form an oval shaped patty. Repeat until all the meat mixture is done.
- Heat ¼ cup oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet. Brown the patties on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Place on paper towel to drain.