Meatballs in a slow cooker
Rate Meatballs Receipy
Beef meatballs in a tomato sauce
This recipe uses a slow cooker, it can be done in the oven but the time would have to be adjusted. Using a low heat and less time to cook.
The nice thing about this recipe is that it it not time consuming, you make it and then just leave the slow cooker to do its work.
A delicious aroma fills your home, when your family come in they are tempted to tuck in right away, and they usually do too!
Meatballs in a tomato sauce
- 500g Minced Beef
- 50g Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Teaspoon Oregano
- Teaspoon Tomato Puree
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Onions, Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 1 Can chopped Tomatos
- 150ml Beef Stock
- Splash Worcestershire Sauce
- Table Spoon Corn Flour
- First of all make your breadcrumbs, take a slice of bread, take off the crusts and wiz in the food processor until finely chopped
- Next, chop one of your onions, and add to the food processor.
- Add the mince, egg, tomato puree, oregano and seasoning, wiz together in the food processor until mixed in well.
- Turn out and knead together, make into about 24 meatballs and place in the slow cooker.
- Then make the sauce.
- A little olive oil in a pan, and add the onion and garlic, and cook until soft, add a tablespoon of cornflour and mix in.
- Add to the pan, the can of chopped tomato's, the beef stock, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and bring to the boil, once boiling, pour over the meatballs in the slow cooker, then turn on the slow cooker to low and cook for between 5-7 hours.
Meatballs in a tomato sauceClick thumbnail to view full-size
Serve with pasta, mashed potatoes or rice.
For a variation-
Spicy meatballs - to the meatball mixture add ground mixed spice.
© 2013 Lavender Jade