Mediterranean Baked Chicken Recipe with Artichokes and Feta Cheese
Smother boneless, skinless chicken breast with tomatoes, artichokes and feta.
This recipe has it all: it's delicious, healthy, beautiful and it can be made ahead and frozen! A freshly prepared balsamic vinaigrette is drizzled over a medley of tomatoes and artichokes that are layered over boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Bake the chicken breasts in the oven...so it's easy to prepare. Add a grain, and dinner is done with minimal preparation.
As with most of our recipes, the ingredients will make six servings. (Once we have everything out, we like to make an entrée to eat and then make up the rest to freeze.) Package the recipe to meet the needs of your family. If you want to freeze small portions, then use small containers. This recipe is well-suited for single serve portions.
Save Money on these Cookbooks with Mediterranean Recipes
Gather the following ingredients before you assemble the Mediterranean Baked Chicken Recipe. Prepare the ingredients as indicated.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (2-3 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4-6 ounces each)
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1 cup artichokes, chopped
1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
The Mediterranean Baked Chicken Recipe shines because of the balsamic vinaigrette that it is drizzled over the top. A bottled marinade or salad dressing can be used to save preparation time. However, the freshly prepared taste of a homemade dressing will be noticed. Follow the steps below to create this easy vinaigrette.
- Combine the ingredients for the balsamic vinaigrette in a small bowl. Mix well with a fork.
- Layer the ingredients listed below in baking dishes or pans:
Approx. 3 Tablespoons
All that was prepared
3. Follow the cooking directions below to cook this entrée now.
4. Wrap portions you plan to freeze by encasing the baking tin in aluminum foil and then plastic wrap.
Ready to go in the oven!
Print and Cut Cooking Directions
Mediterranean Baked Chicken with Artichokes and Feta Cheese
Instructions: Thaw chicken in refrigerator for approx. 24 hours. Preheat oven to 350F. Bake uncovered for approx. 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Internal temp. should be 170F.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with couscous and zucchini. Spoon excess sauce over meat rice and vegetables, if desired.
Other Make Ahead Entrees
- Alice Springs Chicken Recipe Made Easy
I love this Alice Springs Chicken Recipe because it has all the appeal of the delicious entrée at Outback and it is simple to prepare. It was a favorite at our meal assembly kitchen!
- Molasses Marinated Pork Chops to Make Ahead and Free...
Don't tell anyone that your marinade has molasses in it! Just let them savor the sweet and tangy sauce that glazes the pork chops they are devouring. Yes...this is another favorite recipe from our meal...
- Best Ever Meatloaf Recipe to Make Ahead and Freeze
After tasting the Best Ever Meatloaf Recipe you'll join the ranks of thousands of our meal assembly kitchen customers that raved about this entrée every month. Make ahead and freeze tips provided on this updated classic comfort food with two types of
- Make Ahead Salmon in Bourbon Marinade
Make ahead salmon in a bourbon marinade and enjoy a gourmet dinner and all the health benefits that salmon offers at any time. Salmon is high in Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Mexican Burritos Made Into Pie
Mexican Burritos Made Into Pie are easy to make and freeze. Easy to convert to a vegetarian burrito recipe. A favorite recipe of our customers.
Comments from Customers and Suggestions
The Mediterranean Baken Chicken Recipe was frequently requested by our customers. Here are some suggestions based upon their feedback:
- This entrée complies with phase I of the South Beach Diet if you use low-fat feta cheese.
- Substitute Parmesan cheese for feta cheese, if desired. If you have guests with different tastes, serve the cheese on the side.
- Freshly mince garlic using a garlic press.
- We suggest that you consume this entrée within two months of freezing for the best quality.
- Make extra balsamic vinaigrette to use in other recipes. The dressing will keep for about 1 week in the refrigerator. Try over vegetables, such as zucchini and mushrooms.