Mediterranean Eggplant Recipe
A Delicious Eggplant Recipe
This is my favorite Eggplant recipe inspired by a dish I had at a dear friends house! It's the perfect mixture of salty, tangy, and just plain deliciousness. Eggplant makes an excellent substitute for meat and this is great as a main course served with some rice or hummus.
- 1 Large Eggplant, 1/2 inch slices
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Diced
- 1 Tsp Fresh Or Dried Parsley, Chopped
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Combine all ingredients except for the eggplant in a Tupperware container and mix well.
- Slice the eggplant in 1/2 inch thick slices and submerge in marinade mixture
- Put lid on Tupperware container and shake vigorously to ensure that the entire eggplant is covered
- Wait 30 minutes for the marinade to absorb
- Heat up a pan on the stove top and when it's hot place the eggplant directly on the pan. There is no need for additional oil.
- Cook until brown on each side approximately 3-5 per side.
- Serve with extra marinade or just by itself!