- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Mexican Chicken Casserole
Before you begin:
Do you like chicken? That's the main ingredient. Do you like Cheese? There is a lot. Do you like Doritos? This recipe call for an entire family size bag.
If you are a health nut, STOP right here. This casserole contains high calories, high in fat and sodium. There isn't much nutrition to it, but the taste makes the difference.
What the heck, live a little!
Have a half serving if you are health conscious.
What do you think?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut block cheese into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Crumble entire bag of chips while still in package(open corner to prevent explosion). Empty half bag into stick proof 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Empty other half bag of chips into large mixing bowl(4qts). Add cubed block cheese, both cans of cream, corn, olives, chicken and tomatoes(with chilies).
- Mix well until all is one.
- Pour mix on top of prepared 9x13 dish(over crumbled chips).
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Place in oven for about 45 min or until cheese is golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool. Top with favorite toppings. (Olives, Sour Cream, Green Onions)
What You Will Need:
- 1 can Corn
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, (Rotel)
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup, (Campbell's)
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup, (Campbell's)
- 1 can Olives, (Optional)
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese, (1 bag)
- 1/2 box Pasteurized Block Cheese, (Velveeta)
- 1 lb Shredded Chicken, (about 2 breasts)
- 1 bag Family Size Nacho Cheese Chips, (Doritos)
- 1 Daisy Sour Cream, (Optional)
- 1 Green Onions, (Optional)
Mexican Chicken Casserole (based on casserole only)
|Serving size: 296 g|
|Calories from Fat||279|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 31 g||48%|
|Saturated fat 17 g||85%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 15 g||5%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 37 g||74%|
|Cholesterol 124 mg||41%|
|Sodium 1253 mg||52%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Daisy Sour Cream
2 Tbsp. (30g)
1/4 c chopped (25g)
I wouldn't recommend this be eaten every night, but it makes a great family dish.
Are your in-laws coming over? Need a quick fix?
Prepare this dish ahead of time(A day or two). Cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil then place in the freezer and take out when ready. Remove wrappings, set oven to 350 degrees. And put in oven for 45min-1 hour.
Did you follow the instructions?
view quiz statistics
Everyone has a preference...
What type of entrée do the people in your home prefer?
© 2014 E Matt Howerton