Mexican Pile-On Recipe For a Crowd or Fundraiser!
Mexican pile-on may be served with Fritos or on a bed of rice, pile your plate with chili, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, coconut and other ingredients as you desire.
This is a great recipe to serve buffet style to a large crowd or for a Mexican fiesta theme party. You may prepare many of the items the day before.
I have planned this meal many times for family and church gatherings. It is an easy party when everyone pitches in and brings a couple of items. It is enjoyed by kids and adults!
Our family gets together on Christmas Eve every year, and we are totaling 45 of us now, and counting. We have Mexican pile-on every year! It is great because you can just keep increasing servings as the family grows! Of course, you must include your family's favorite desserts!
It's a great meal for a fundraiser. Serve a large chocolate sheet cake or your choice of dessert and you will have an easy but delicious meal.
Okay, let get this pile-on started, get to piling, it grow very fast!
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 5 large onions, chopped, divided
- 4 packages taco seasoning, dry
- 1 pound bag pinto beans, dry, cooked
- 1-14 ounce package rice, cooked
- 1-24 ounce bag Fritos or corn chips, crushed
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large head lettuce, chopped
- 6-7 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2-2 1/2 cups black olives, chopped
- 2-3 large avocados, peeled, chopped
- 1-16 ounce sour cream
- 1-16 ounce picante sauce
- 1-16 ounce jar jalapenos, sliced
Some people love these ingredients and other do not! These are for those of you who are adventurous!
- 1- 18-ounce raisins
- 1- 7-ounce package coconut
- 2-2 1/2 cups pecan, chopped
- The night before serving; sort and wash the pinto beans and place in a pot to soak, cover with the water.
- Drain soaking water from the beans. Place in the crock pot or in a cooking pot on the stove top and cook.
- Brown the beef and 3 of the large onions chopped; drain off the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning and the amount of water in directions. Simmer for about 2 hours.
- Cook the rice.
- Chop the lettuce, tomatoes, black olives and the avocados.
- Shred the cheddar cheese.
- Set the bowls of Fritos or crushed corn chips, cheese, onion, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, avocados, sour cream, picante sauce, jalapeños, raisins, coconut and the pecans in this order to serve buffet style.
- Guests serve themselves by layering the ingredients they desire.
- Number Of Servings: 18-20 servings
- Use this recipe for a large gathering. Have each family bring 2 or 3 items and line them up as stated.
- This recipe may be increased to the number of serving you need.
- You may delete any items that you do not like. I am not a fan of the coconut, olives or the raisins!
- For a shortcut you could add canned beans into the meat mixture; I prefer a fresh pot of pinto beans.
- If you use the small corn chips, you will not need to crush them.
Chocolate Carrot Cream Cheese Cake
What could be more yummy than chocolate cream cheese carrot cake! The carrots make this a very moist cake, it has a layer of cream cheese frosting and topped with a chocolate glaze!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup oil
- 4 medium carrots, shredded coarse (about 2 cups)
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
For Chocolate Glaze:
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces bitter-sweet chocolate, good quality, not unsweetened
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Heat the oven to 350 degree Farenheit.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, baking powder and the baking soda in a bowl. Place the eggs and the oil in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on low speed until mixed well.
- Add the sifted flour mixture; beat until combined only.
- Stir in the carrots; divide the batter among the two pans.
- Bake for 30 to 50 minutes or until test done.
- Cool the cakes.
After cakes are cooled prepare cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese and the. butter until smooth with an electric mixer; add the vanilla and the powdered sugar.
- Beat until creamy.
- Spread on top of one layer and top it with the other layer.
Now we are ready to make the Chocolate Glaze.
- In a saucepan combine all the chocolate glaze ingredients; cook on medium heat, stirring until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the stove and let the glaze cool a little.
- Spread over the top and sides of cake; chill for one hour.
Serves 6 to 8
How to Make a Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake
Must Have Desserts, Lots of Desserts!
Our family love cheesecake with Mexican pile-on! We always have a scrumptious selection to choose from! From pies, cakes, candies to Chrismas Cookies!
Welcome! Please Rate My Mexican Pile-On Recipe! Thanks!
Check Out These Links For Salsa, Guacamole. Jalepeno Poppers, Layered Dip, Ice-Cream, Chocolate Desserts And More!
- Recipes for Family Fish Theme Night Meals
Theme nights are fun for the family! Check out these delicious fish, sides and dessert recipes to plan your Family Fish Theme Night!
- Old Fashioned Events for Parties or Making Money!
Bring a little old fashioned fun into your next party or fundraiser with a Cake Walk or a Box Supper Social! Read on how to get started!
- Recipes for Mexican Theme Night Meals
Meals are getting a little boring at your house, try planning a Mexican Theme Night Meal. I have some great Mexican recipes for you to plan a meal.
- Let’s Party! The Best Appetizers And Snack Recipes!
Let’s party, with these addicting cheesy sausage, caramelized Vidalia onions, Guacamole and veggie pizza dips and snacks recipes!
- Lovers of Chocolate Recipes Galore
Lovers of chocolate, I have recipes galore to satisfy your chocolate sweet tooth! Cookies, cakes, pies, and chocolate coated bacon! Yes I said bacon!
- We All Scream For Ice-Cream Recipes!
We All Scream for Ice-Cream Recipes! There is nothing better than homemade ice-cream. What's your favorite? Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, peanut butter or Big Red for the kids!
Please Vote on Your Favorite Mexican Meals!
What is your family's favorite Mexican meal?
© 2016 Margie Lynn