- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Mexican Salsa Chicken
Mexican Salsa Chicken is a versatile main dish that can be served with various sides. I like to serve it on a bed of rice or with a baked potato and corn on the cob. I always serve it with extra cheese and salsa. I also serve sour cream, green onions and shredded lettuce as additional toppings.
Apple MacBook Pro ME665LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop with Retina Display
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 8 oz Mexican Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c Flour
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- 2 tbs EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, chopped or cut into rings
- Place one chicken breast inside a 12" sheet of waxed paper that is folded in half. Pound the chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2 inch thick. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Mix flour, paprika, garlic powder and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Coat the chicken in the flour mixture, then shake to remove excess flour.
- Cook chicken in 1 tbs EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) about 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Do not overcook so it remains moist inside. You can also grill the chicken breasts.
- While chicken is cooking, saute onions in 1 tbs EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) until crisp tender and golden brown.
- Place onions on top of each chicken breast and top with 2 ounces of cheese. Allow the cheese to melt.
- Top with salsa, additional cheese and toppings if preferred.