Michigan French Macaroons
- 1 Cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Whole Blanched Almonds, (Toasted and Cooled)
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 5 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees with one rack hung just above center and another hung just below it. Get two large baking sheets and line them with parchment paper.
- With a food processor blend Almonds, Confectioners' Sugar and Cocoa Powder.
- In a separate bowl beat your egg whites gradually adding in the Granulated Sugar and beat until it's stiff but not dry. Add in the Almond mixture in 3 batches and use a mini ice cream scoop to place about 9 drops on one of the parchment lined baking sheets.To flatten the batter and reduce air holes life your pan about 2 Inches off the counter top and plop back down 4-5 times and let them set for about 5 minutes. Once set place them on the highest of the two racks in your oven and bake for 9 minutes.
- With the second lined pan repeat the process. After 9 minutes has passed switch the racks of the baking sheets, placing the first pan on the lower shelf and the second on the top. Bake now for 9 more minutes and remove to allow it to cool.