Caramel Corn Recipe
Quick and Easy Snacks
Pretty much everyone loves popcorn and even more like it with caramel, so here's an easy way to make caramel corn and believe it or not you can make it in the microwave. The kids will love the snack at their birthday party, adults will munch on the caramel pieces while cheering on their favorite football team, and mom will appreciate the time saving recipe while she prepares the holiday meal. Use your imagination for more ways to "spruce up" this snack by adding chocolate drizzle or using pieces on cupcakes and more! Hmm hmm delectable!
- 1 Gallon Popped Popcorn
- 1 Stick Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Peanuts
- Use two large brown paper bags, doubled up, to pour popped popcorn in.
- Combine butter, sugar, syrup, salt – bring to boil in microwave dish for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda.
- STIR QUICKLY!! (Will look foamy)
- Pour into bag with popcorn.
- Shake to coat.
- Cook another 1 ½ minutes by removing from bag and placing in oven.
- Remove from oven and put back in doubled paper bag.
- Shake again.
- Pour onto wax paper and let cool.
- Add peanuts if desired.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe. For more recipes and dinner ideas by this author: