- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Midweek Quick and Easy "Pizza" Casserole (Cheap!)
by Shelia Wadsworth
Pizza or Pasta?
Pizza or pasta? Why choose when you can have them both in one easy, inexpensive meal. My family loves this (it's pizza, right?). I, myself, am not much of a pizza person; I prefer to get my carbs from pasta (no, it's pasta!). Whichever way you "slice" it, it is a good, cheap midweek meal to throw together. You can also make it up the night before so that when you get home after a long day you can just put it in the oven and dinner is served in about 30 minutes.I hope your family enjoys this meal (and your time together as a family) as much as mine does!
- 1 16 oz box of your favorite pasta (I typically use rotoli or penne)
- 2 14 oz jars of your favorite pizza sauce
- 1 24 oz (or higher) mozzarella, pizza blend or any other cheese you prefer
- 1 16 oz pepperoni (or any other "toppings" you typically like on pizza)
What to do
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Boil your pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan
- Add both jars of pizza sauce to the pasta (I also put a little bit of water and swish it around in the jar to get as much of the sauce as I can); stir
- Layer half of the saucy pasta in a 13 x 9 baking dish
- Layer cheese and pepperoni like on a pizza
- Layer the remaining pasta, cheese and pepperoni like above
- Cover the baking dish with a piece of aluminum foil
- Place casserole in the preheated oven for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and call the family for dinner. You can add a tossed salad or garlic bread. Enjoy!
* A word of caution, when using a glass or pyrex baking dish always place it on a hot pad or trivet. Never put it on the burners or near water as this has been known to shatter the dish.