- Food and Cooking
Milk Carrot Dessert (Gajrela)
When we start making a menu for lunch or dinner we always add a sweet dish to it. Some people go for ready made things or things from market . But people who like to do magic in kitchen while cooking they prefer creations of their own. Well here is cool creation of dessert made with Milk and Carrot. A dessert made of vegetable would obviously inspire because of its nutrition value. Try this tasty dessert (Gajrela) for your loved ones they are going to love you more with the sweet flavor of this dish.
- 2 kg Milk
- Half kg Carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4tbls Rice, soaked
- 3 Dates(Optional), thinly sliced
- Soak rice in a bowl for 30 minutes. Then grind them with little water.
- Mean time put milk in a big cooking pot and boil it.
- When milk starts boiling add carrots in it.Turn the heat slow.
- After Half n hour add rice in this pot while mixing cook till the rice are cooked which will be done in 30 minutes on slow heat.
- Its time to add sugar. and mix it well for 10 minutes.
- Milk Carrot Dessert is ready. Put it in serving dish and garnish with dates.
Milk is one of our very basic and essential diets which become a part of our food on the very first day of birth. Milk is usually taken in our morning and evening diets but it’s important to have it regularly for its nutrition value. Milk is full of nutrition its major components are water, fat, lactose, casein, whey proteins, and minerals. It’s better to take milk as often as possible in any way you like. Many people dislike it and they say we can’t take it for its taste or smell but they can make it a part of their food in the form of different sweet dishes.
Carrot is a sweet vegetable which is another blessing of God. It is such a gift from Almighty God that can be eaten raw as salad, cooked sweet/sour and its juice is also consumed by us. Carrot is a treasure of carotene, carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins, calcium, phosphorus and folic acid. It is in the best interest of human beings to add carrot in their diet for long life, health and younger looks. Carrots have elements which refresh our health and increase the blood making capacity.
If you want to have healthy additions to your diet, try this low fat, full of nutrition dessert Called Gajrela.