Milk Chocolate Pudding Pie
Setting up your work area
Let's begin by getting our work area set up with everything we'll need for measuring, mixing, bringing our filling to a stove-top boil and completing with all the final toppings. You will need a measuring cup, measuring spoons, a 2 - quart saucepan, a stainless spoon for stirring, a medium mixing bowl with a pour spout, a grater, a rubber spatula and a roll of plastic wrap.
Chocolate Pudding Pie
- 6 Hershey's chocolate bars
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 chocolate pie crust
- 1 container whipped cream
- Remove the wrappers from 5 of the Hershey's chocolate bars, break the bars into pieces and set them aside. Stir together 2/3 cup of sugar, 6 tbsp of cornstarch, 2 tbsp cocoa and 1/2 tsp salt in a 2 - quart sauce pan.
- Combine 4 egg yokes and 3 cups of milk in a mixing bowl with a pouring spout.
- Place the 2 - quart sauce pan on the stove top with medium heat and gradually blend the milk mixture into the sugar mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Let the mixture boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the sauce pan from heat and stir in 2 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp vanilla, add the pieces of Hershey's chocolate bars and continue stirring until well blended.
- Pour the filling into pie crust, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours or until the filling is firm. While the filling is chilling, use a grater and the 6th Hershey chocolate bar to make a shredded chocolate garnish.
- Once the pie has chilled a few hours add whipped cream topping and the shredded chocolate bar to complete this wonderful desert.