Mini Bundt Cake Recipe: Blackberry Lemon Bundt Cakes
Quick & Easy Mini Bundt Cake Recipe
Are you looking for the perfect homemade gift? Mini bundt cakes make a great hostess gift and are also a real crowd pleaser at summer luncheons or baby showers. A one bowl recipe, mini bundt cakes are practically foolproof and so quick and easy to make. You can have them in the oven in 15 minutes and out in 20 minutes more, giving you plenty of time to attend to other details of the party.
Moist, light and delicately scented with berries and lemon zest, these bundt cakes will make your guests think you've slaved in the kitchen for hours! Decorate individual cakes with whole berries and mint leaves for an elegant touch. Enjoy!
Click Below For More Delicious Recipes:
- Easy Recipe for Moist Banana Bread
- Moist Chocolate Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
- Chewy Blondies with Dark Chocolate & Salted Caramel
- Homemade Coffee Ice Cream With Chocolate Sauce
- Quick & Easy Applesauce
- Creamy Mango Cheesecake
- Quick & Easy Vanilla Panna Cotta with Exotic Wild Berry Sauce
- Frosted Sugar Cookies
- High Altitude Cake Recipe: Banana Rum Bundt Cake
- XXXtra Rummy Rum Cake
- Yellow Cupcakes With Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- Use room temperature ingredients.
- Thoroughly butter and flour pan to prevent sticking.
- Try raspberries if blackberries aren't available.
- If berries aren't in season, substitute frozen blackberries. Rinse them in cool water until thawed.
- Gently crush the berries and reserve juice for glaze.
- If your oven doesn't bake evenly, rotate cake pan halfway through baking time.
- Due to their small size, mini bundt cakes can go from moist to dry in a minute. Start checking them after 18 minutes of baking time. Remove from oven when only a few moist crumbs cling to the tester toothpick.
- Cool cakes in pan for 15 minutes before inverting onto cooling rack. If you try to unmold cakes that are too warm, they may crumble.
- Just before unmolding cakes, drench a kitchen towel in steaming hot water. Leave the towel in the sink and set the upright cake pan on it for one minute. The steam from the towel will help unmold the cakes.
- If the pan wasn't greased and floured thoroughly, you may have trouble removing the cakes. Carefully slide a plastic knife between the cake and pan, all the way around the molds, to free cakes from the pan.
- Allow cakes to cool completely before making glaze.
- Use less blackberry juice for a paler glaze.
- For extra berry flavor make a glaze of 3 Tablespoons of blackberry liqueur or blackberry brandy, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice and 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Package cakes in miniature boxes for beautiful gifts!
Blackberry Lemon Mini Bundt Cakes
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, slightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter and flour bundt cake pan or use "Bakers Joy" non-stick spray. (see Amazon capsule above)
- Combine lemon juice and milk. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Add eggs & vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour sour milk into batter and sprinkle with lemon zest. Mix well for a smooth batter.
- Crush fresh berries and add to batter, reserving any juice.
- Carefully fold berries into batter.
- Spoon batter into bundt cake molds.
- Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, or until toothpick tests clean.
- Cool cakes in pan for 15 minutes.
- Invert cakes onto a cooling rack.
- Allow cakes to cool completely before glazing.
Bundt Cake Glaze
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons milk or rum
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon reserved blackberry juice, strained
- 1 cup (heaping) powdered sugar
- Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl or cup.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled bundt cakes.