Mini Pizzas Recipe
Mini Pizzas, Simple Ingredients
My kids love pizza and they love when I buy pizza rolls. I know there are healthier ways for my kids to indulge in their favorite treats. This is an easy way to create mini pizzas that the kids and the whole family will enjoy.
You may need to double or triple this recipe depending on how many people are in your family. The jar of pizza sauce will go a long way but you will need additional cans of biscuits, especially if you have teenage boys. I made 8 mini pizzas and after my two young boys and I eating there were only 2 left. If you are feeding more than three people I strongly suggest making more than one can worth of pizzas.
Ingredients - Mini Pizzas
Let's Talk Pepperoni
My kids love pepperoni. In fact, I used to buy the mini pepperoni's for my youngest to eat with lunch. I am very picky about my pepperoni.
My favorite pepperoni to buy is from Trader Joe's. It is uncured and tastes incredibly good. They also have really good fresh pizzas.
I can settle for other pepperoni but prefer to stay away from the unrefrigerated vacuum sealed in grease variety. My second favorite is Hormel pepperoni found by the deli meats at the grocery store. I particularly like the mini ones. They make a great snack or salad topping as well.
Picture Directions for Mini Pizzas
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- pepperoni or sausage, if needed
- 1 can large flaky biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Take a rolling pin and flatten each biscuit into a larger circular shape. Make sure you use regular biscuits - butter flavored ones might not taste right.
- Place a dollop a pizza sauce on each biscuit which now serves as the crust for the mini pizzas. Spread out the sauce as needed.
- Sprinkle the pizzas with cheese.
- Add any additional toppings including meat or veggies.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. I follow the directions for the time of the biscuits to cook, make sure the cheese is melted and the it looks like a cooked pizza.
- Removed from over and enjoy!
Mini Pizza Enjoyment
One reason I really like to make these is that each person can put different ingredients on their pizza. I love mushroom and my husband strongly dislikes them so when i am craving a good veggie pizza and he is crazy a meat lovers and the youngest only wants cheese, we can all be happy in one meal.
The kids also love the fact that they can participate in the cooking and make their own. This is a great family cooking night. Add a movie and popcorn after dinner and sounds like a great night in.
Other Ways to Make Mini Pizzas
There are plenty of ways to make mini pizzas. I have made them with English muffins, homemade dough, Trader Joes pizza dough, and so many other ways. I have even made them over a campfire with bread. Get creative in the kitchen, let the kids join in, and have fun.