Minnesota Cooking: Shrimpy Rice with Veggies and Eggs
The longest part of this dish is cooking the wild rice. The rice that I used was some from Northern Minnesota. They wood grill it before they package it, so it boils up in 15 minutes instead of the typical 40 minutes it takes for non grilled rice. Out of habit, I add a bouillon cube to my water.
After the rice puffs open, you put your butter in the pan and add your rice and basically cook the water out of it. In addition to cooking the rice, you add sliced onion, bell peppers and fresh mushrooms.
Cook all until the onions are caramelized. Then, slide everything to the side and add your beaten eggs to the side of the pan. Cook until eggs are done. Then, stir the cooked eggs into the rice. Add the Sunbird Fried Rice seasoning and some soy sauce. Add some thawed, cooked shrimp and let heat for a minute.
- Add bouillon cube to wild rice water. Boil rice until done. About 15 minutes. Butter in frying pan, add rice, peppers, mushrooms and onion slices. Saute until onions are caramelized. Add Sunbird Fried Rice Packet and soy sauce.
- Move rice to side, add eggs to pan. Cook eggs. When eggs are cooked through, stir into eggs. Add shrimp. Heat for another minute and serve.
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 package Sunbird Fried Rice Seasoning
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 cups cooked Shrimp, thawed from frozen