Mint-Cookie Cake Recipe: A Gourmet Flavor For Any Occassion
If you are willing to branch out from the three basic “kid” flavor cakes and try something beyond vanilla, chocolate or yellow, I have the recipe for you! A great cake taste sensation is Mint Cookie. A gourmet cake flavor is easier than you think.
- 30 mint Oreos crushed
- 1 package plain white cake mix
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Cake baking instructions:
- Add package of cake mix, then wet ingredients mixing slightly as you add each one
- When all wet ingredients are added, blend well until there are no lumps
- Fold in crushed Oreos
- Bake at 350 degrees until toothpick comes out of center clean
- Bake, decorate, celebrate is an excellent cooking guide for pan conversions and cooking times
- Bake cake 2-3 days ahead of time, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then foil, and place in freezer; this will make the cake extra moist.
- Level, fill, and frost while frozen. Serve thawed.
No cake would be complete without a wonderful filling.
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup powder sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons real vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cake Decorating Books
- Cook milk and flour until thick in saucepan over medium heat
- Allow to cool completely then pass through a sieve to remove any possible lumps
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar for 4 minutes
- Add flour and milk mixture
- Beat 4 minutes
- Add vanilla and salt, and mix on high until light and fluffy
- If desired, tint green
- Fold in crushed mint Oreos
Use your favorite frosting recipe to frost cake; cream cheese icing not recommended.
Eat and enjoy!