Easy Mint Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Mint Chocolate Truffles Should Burst in Your Mouth
Mint truffles are delicious and burst in your mouth with a delicate, and yet strong mint, dark chocolate flavor. They are relatively easy to prepare! You can serve them either straight from the refrigerator, at room temperature, or as a special indulgence after dinner. You can place your deliciously sweet treat on a paper doily on the table after dinner for a delicious treat and presentation.
Make sure they are straight from the refrigerator, though, so they have time to melt in your guest’s mouth the minute they bite into it. Mint truffles go well with a hot cup of coffee or cappuccino and chocolate milk.
You can serve your mint truffles as a party delicacy and with a strong drink too, such as, Anisette. Your guests will love it and feel special for eating this special French treat.
Roll your mint truffles in cocoa powder for an awesome finishing touch. Not many people know how to roll them right, where they melt in your mouth; nevertheless, when you allow the butter and the cream to mix well, then add the dark chocolate morsels, the mint truffles come out just right.
Delicate Chocolate Truffles
Gather the Following Ingredients for Mint Truffles
- 1- 2/3 organic whipping cream
- 1/2 cup real butter
- 16 ounces dark chocolate semi sweet baking bar, broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Break the semi sweet dark chocolate bar into pieces, and chop it.
- Combine whipping cream and butter in an average saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils; remove from heat
- Stir in the chocolate pieces until completely melted
- Continue stirring until mixture cools, and thickens slightly, then stir in the mint extract, and set aside.
- Once cooled, spoon half a tablespoon and mold into small balls
- Make up to 38 truffles
- Roll, or dust the chocolate balls in cocoa powder
- Place minty truffles on an attractive paper doily, and refrigerate until ready to serve
|Serving size: 4 pieces|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40%|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Carbohydrates 20 g||7%|
|Sugar 12 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 4 mg||1%|
|Sodium 35 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Would you, please rate this recipe?
Chocolate Truffle Twist with a Splash of Cognac
If You're Pressed for Time, You Can Eat These Delicious Truffles
Would You, Enjoy Another Chocolate Recipe?
- Scrumptious Chocolate Cake
Bake a lovely, chocolate cake with sinfully rich cocoa truffle, strawberries and Grand Marnier. Can you taste it already?
© 2012 Sheila Craan