Recipe For Misal Pav
- 75 gms Vatana(white peas)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Tamarind pulp
- to taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Amchur Powder(Dried mango powder)
- 2 cups Farsan
- 2 nos. Boiled mashed potatoes
- 4 nos. Pav
- 2 nos. Onions, Finely chopped
- for garnishing Coriander leaves
- for garnishing Lemon slices
- for garnishing Sev
- Wash and cook peas in pressure cooker with 4-5 cups water. Add a pinch of salt and turmeric powder to it.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and cumin seeds to it. Then add ginger, garlic paste and 1 chopped onion. Saute it till onions turn golden brown and then Add Red chilli powder.
- Add cooked peas with water, tamarind pulp and salt. Add garam masala and coriander leaves Mix well.
- Cook it on a low flame for 3-5 mins and remove it from heat.
- In a serving dish, take 1/2 cup farsan, 3-4 tsp mashed potatoes and pour cooked peas mixture over it.
- Sprinkle Amchur powder. Garnish with coriander leaves, chopped onions,sev.
- Serve hot with pav and lemon slices.