Mixed Berry Pies Over an Open Fire
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 25 min
Yields: Serves 2
- 2 cups frozen or fresh mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc...)
- 2 tablespoons raw raspberry honey
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 slices wheat or white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter (to lubricate the pie iron)
- Heat a medium sauce pan, medium-high.
- Add 2 cups frozen or fresh berries.
- Add 2 tablespoons of raw raspberry honey, 1 tablespoon of confectioners sugar, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
- Combine and let the mixture cook down for a few minutes.
- When the pie filling is thick, take off of the oven and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.