Mixed Berry Pies Over an Open Fire
Place the bread into the pie iron.
Spoon on the mixed berry pie filling.
Close the pie iron, latch it and you're ready to cook over the fire...
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 25 min
Yields: Serves 2
- 2 cups frozen or fresh mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc...)
- 2 tablespoons raw raspberry honey
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 slices wheat or white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter (to lubricate the pie iron)
- Heat a medium sauce pan, medium-high.
- Add 2 cups frozen or fresh berries.
- Add 2 tablespoons of raw raspberry honey, 1 tablespoon of confectioners sugar, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
- Combine and let the mixture cook down for a few minutes.
- When the pie filling is thick, take off of the oven and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.