Quick and Easy Mixed Berry Topping Recipe
As I bit into my waffles with the usual syrup and butter, I've always wandered if there was something else that I could add in its place. Instead of experimenting with different toppings, I decided to just buy the different varieties of waffles that were available at the stores. After I while, I became bored with the usual and decided that I wanted something quick and healthy to add to my waffles or anything else such as cake, cheesecake, pancakes, etc. I discovered this easy recipe and decided that it was time to share this with others who were having the same problem as I was. Take a look below. It doesnt take long to make and its quite delicious. ENJOY!
- 2 cups mixed berries, frozen
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Toss berries, sugar, and cornstarch into a microwave safe bowl.
- Stir the mixture until it is well combined.
- Microwave this mixture for about 2.5 mins.
- After this check your mixture, if it is not thickened and steaming, microwave for another 2.5 mins.
- Let the mixture cool and add to your favorite food. This berry mixture can be added to muffins, pancakes, waffles, angel food cake, a pie, made into a pie for a healthy version of the popular take on dessert, cakes, yogurt, berry shake, fruit salad, and cheesecakes. I hope every enjoys this recipe and tries it immediately. Quick, easy, and fun!
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 8 g||3%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
As I've mentioned above many times, you can add this healthy topping to almost anything. Something I forgot to mention is that you can add in a cup of strawberries and blueberries, if you wanted a variety of flavors in the topping that you can add to enjoy your breakfast or dessert!