Mixed Fruit Chutney Recipe | Mixed Fruit Chutney Bengali Style
Follow me @
Mixed Fruit Chutney is basically a Bengali Desert. All Bengali Moms are expert to make this dish (Chutney). I never tasted Chutney tastier than what my mother cooked for me. I am simply fond of my mother’s recipe. Many a times, I tried to prepare the dish under the guidance of mom, but always found something lacking. Of late I have also gathered expertise in preparing this particular dish. I am going to share the recipe, which I learnt from my mom.
I use Panch phoran ( five types seeds) which consists of Nigella seed, cumin seed, fenugreek,black mustard seed and fennel seed in equal amounts. Panch phoron is specially used by Bengali's in India. It helps to add a different flavor in your dish.
The preparation is easy and takes a little time. It is said that the dish is equally healthy and help in digestion.
Mixed Fruit Chutney
More Yummy Deserts:
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie : A Healthy Drink
It's a healthy smoothie....Good for kids
- Mango Coconut Smoothie Recipe | Mango Coconut Pulp S...
A seasonal Smoothie...Contain good Health factor.
- Most Popular Indian Desert "Kalakand"
Kalakand is a very popular Indian sweet specially among Bangali and Rajasthani.It is definite item in each and every sweet shops of Kolkata City (India).It is good for health and diabetics patience also.
- Indian Desert : Phirni
It is milk and rice based sweet dish. It is popular in North India and Pakistan. There are differ types of Phirni.
- Pinneapple Raita Recipe
Raita is healthy side dish with high nutritious value.There are different types of Raita.One can make Raita using vegetable or fruits.For Raita, the main ingredient is yogurt.
- 2 Cup Tomato, Cut in Cubes
- 1/4 tbsp Panch Phoron Seed
- 2 tbsp Cashew
- 1 tbsp raisins, Socked
- 1/2 Orange, Cut into Cubes
- 1/2 cup pomegranate
- 1/2 cup Aamsatto, Cut into cubes
- Oil, as per need
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 5-6 tbsp Sugar
- Heat the oil in a pan for 1/2 minute. Add the panch phoran seeds.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and mix well. Cover the pan on low flame for sometimes.
- Check whether the tomatoes go soft, then add the aamsatto.Cook for sometime.
- Add sugar.Stir it well.
- Add water and cover the pan.Cook for more 6-7 mins.
- Add raisins,cashew,orange and pomegranate.Cook for 3-4 mins
- Cool it for sometime and refrigerate it.Serve it ...
From the name, one can understand there are lots of nutritions are included in this dish.One can add more fruits (than I mentioned above) to increase the health factors.You can add Honey in place of Sugar.But best taste comes from Sugar.So I suggest to mixed both of them to maintain the taste and health facts.
© 2013 M K Paul