- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Mock Skor Bars - Yummy Dessert for a Crowd
This is a fabulous, easy recipe, that I started making back in University 20 years ago!
It only has 4 ingredients, so is a success even for the non-bakers out there! It is great for taking to potlucks, or to give as hostess gifts if packaged properly. Once cut up, one recipe makes a generous amount. They are quite sweet, so can be cut small. Make sure to keep them cool, so the chocolate doesn't melt. I like to store them in a metal tin with parchment paper to keep the layers from sticking. Don't let the soda crackers in the ingredients throw you off. They honestly taste like genuine Skor bars!!
- 24 salted soda crackers, like Premium Plus
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium high heat.
- While butter is melting, cover baking sheet (9x13) with Parchment paper to ease clean up. Line crackers on paper so they are touching,covering the entire surface. I sometimes use the whole sleeve of crackers (about 30).
- Add brown sugar to melted butter. Bring to a boil, and boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Pour over crackers. Try and get it to all the corners, but it will spread out in the oven. Bake in the oven on middle rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top. Return to oven a couple of minute, just until chocolate is melted and can be spread with a spatula. If left in too long, the chocolate can seize up and is not spreadable. Spread chocolate evenly over entire cracker/caramel mixture.
- Let tray cool- can be put in refrigerator to speed this step. Slide parchment paper onto cutting board, and cut into small squares. Store covered in a cool place, or in the fridge
- Caramilk Fudge Recipe
Here is another delicious, easy dessert recipe. Give it a try!
- Pineapple Upside Down French Toast- A Make Ahead Brunch Recipe
If you enjoy the flavor of brown sugar and butter caramel, you may like this easy brunch recipe!