Mughlai Chicken Recipe : A spicy Indian Chicken Dish
After a long time, I got some spare time from my hectic schedule to cook a new chicken recipe. Chicken is always one of my favorite dish to experiment with. Last time, I tried cooking Kashmiri Chicken recipe, which was liked by all of my friends. This time I came up with idea to cook something spicy: Mughlai Chicken.
The word "Mughlai" came from the kitchen's of the age old Mughal Empire in India. The taste of each of the Mughal dishes vary from normal to spicy. I always prefer spicy. The specialty of this dish is its dry blended spices, which adds distinct aroma to the dish.
Journey through Pics
I am adding some systematic photographs, which will help you to understand the steps of this recipe well. Some photographs are related to the ingredients and some illustrate the step of cooking.
Masala or Spices
Easily available Ingredients for Mughlai Chicken
- 1Kg Chicken
- 3-4 Medium size Onion, Sliced
- 2 inch Ginger, Paste
- 10 clove Garlic, Paste
- One and Half Tomato, Puree/Smashed
- 3 tbsp Curd
- cumin seed, few
- Turmeric Powder
- coriander seeds
- 10 piece Almond
- 4-5 Green Chili, Paste
- One and Half tbsp Kashmili Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- Sugar and Salt, as per taste
- Sunflower Oil
- Black pepper corn, Few
- 7-8 Clove
Process to Make Mughlai Chicken
- At first, blend the cumin seed, coriander seed, black peppercorn,clove,almonds in Grinder. Keep them aside.
- Make a smooth paste of Ginger, garlic and green chili.
- Wash the chicken pieces properly. Marinate the chicken pieces with curd, salt,garam masala, kashmiri chili powder, turmeric powder and half spoon of the ginger garlic chili paste, followed by keeping the blend in refrigerator for at least 2 -3 hrs.
- After the chicken pieces gets marinated, add oil in a vessel to deep fry till they turn brownish, and keep aside.
- Again add oil in a pan and fry the onion till they turn brownish.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and dry roasted masala powder mentioned in point/step no 1. Stir for some time to make a fine paste.
- After sometime add tomato puree and stir till the traces of oil get visible followed by adding salt and sugar as per your taste.
- Add the fried chicken pieces and cook in slow flame till the chicken is roasted.
- If you wish to have a bit curry, you can add some water.
- Spicy Muglai Chicekn is ready to serve.Garnish it with Onion and coriander leaves to make it more attractive.
|Serving size: 4-5|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Carbohydrates 9 g||3%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Protein 33 g||66%|
|Cholesterol 126 mg||42%|
|Sodium 545 mg||23%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Side Dishes with Mughlai Chicken
Plain basmati steam rice will be the perfect combination for Mughlai Chicken.You can also try this with Chiken Dum Biriyani. I always prefer Biriyani because I love more spices :)
What is your Favourite Chicken Dish
- Dhania (Coriander) Chicken Recipe
Dhania Chicken Chicken is my all time favorite and I prefer to try different types of chicken dishes.Dhania (coriander) Chicken is one of my favorite one.
Dhaniya Chicken Recipe
© 2013 M K Paul