Mughlai Chicken Recipe : A spicy Indian Chicken Dish
If You like Pls RATE me
After a long time I get sometimes to make a new chicken dish.Chicken is always one of my favorite dish to experiment.
The word Mughlai comes from the kitchens of the Mughal Empire. The taste of each Mughal dish varies from normal to spicy. I always prefer spicy.The speciality of this dish is its dry blended spices. It adds distinctive aroma to the dish.
Journey through Pics
I add some photos which will help people to understand the journey of this recipe well.Some photos relate to ingredients and some are cooking.
Masala or Spices
Easily available Ingredients for Mughlai Chicken
- 1Kg Chicken
- 3-4 Medium size Onion, Sliced
- 2 inch Ginger, Paste
- 10 clove Garlic, Paste
- One and Half Tomato, Puree/Smashed
- 3 tbsp Curd
- cumin seed, few
- Turmeric Powder
- coriander seeds
- 10 piece Almond
- 4-5 Green Chili, Paste
- One and Half tbsp Kashmili Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- Sugar and Salt, as per taste
- Sunflower Oil
- Black pepper corn, Few
- 7-8 Clove
Process to Make Mughlai Chicken
- First blend cumin seed, coriander seed, black peppercorn,clove,almonds in Grinder. Keep aside.
- Make a smooth paste of Ginger , garlic and green chili.
- Wash the chicken pieces. Marinate with curd, salt,garam masala,kashmiri chili powder, turmeric powder, and half of the ginger garlic chili paste and keep it in refrigerator for at least 2 -3 hrs
- Now add oil in a vessel and deep fry the chicken till they turn brownish, and keep aside.
- Again add oil in a pan and fry the onion till they turn brownish.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and the dry roasted masala powder mentioned in pt no 1.Stir for some time and make a fine paste.
- After sometime add tomato puree and stir till the oil comes out.Add salt and sugar as per your taste.
- Add the fried chicken pieces.Cook it in slow flame till the chicken is ready to eat.
- If needed add some water.
- Spicy Muglai Chicekn is ready to serve.Garnish it with Onion and coriander leaves.
|Serving size: 4-5|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Carbohydrates 9 g||3%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Protein 33 g||66%|
|Cholesterol 126 mg||42%|
|Sodium 545 mg||23%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Side Dishes with Mughlai Chicken
Plain Basmati Steam Rice will be the perfect combination for Mughlai Chicken.Otherwise one can try this with Chiken Dum Biriyani.I always prefer Biriyani because I love more spice in life...
What is your Favourite Chicken Dish
- Nawabi Chicken Recipe | Nawabi Murg Recipe|How to ma...
Nawabi Chicken Recipe | Nawabi Murg Recipe|How to make Nawabi Murg Recipe --A mughlai dish...Hope you all enjoy it
- Chicken Chilli Dry Recipe | Chili Chicken Dry Recipe
A Most Common Chicken Recipe for all cook ...
- Schezwan Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
Schezwan chicken stir fried, the chicken dish is very easy to cook, You get best result in microwave cooking.
- Healthy Chicken Curry with Sweet Potato : Indian Sty...
Chicken Curry is one of the most easy and healthy chicken recipe according to me. I learn this from my mother.As I told earlier in my another hub Recipe-Fried-Schezwan-Chicken,
- Spicy Kashmiri Chicken Recipe
Kashmiri Chicken Again a chicken recipe..Ha Ha...My relatives called me chicken freak.This is the first time I try the dish.I got this from
- Dhania (Coriander) Chicken Recipe
Dhania Chicken Chicken is my all time favorite and I prefer to try different types of chicken dishes.Dhania (coriander) Chicken is one of my favorite one.
© 2013 M K Paul