Incredible Banana Bread - A Treat Anytime, Anywhere!
This recipe gives a nice sized loaf, or about 8 mini loaves. It is a moist, rich tasting recipe and the finished product can be safely frozen for long periods. I bake the full sized loaf for home or sometimes I have even made a layer cake using this recipe and the appropriate cake pans. When I do this I mix in chocolate chips and apply icing to the top, sides and middle just as if it were a layer cake. As a cake, it is kinda thick but rich and delicious.
I use the mini loaves for camping trips, hiking and picnics, they are an energetic and healthy snack that kids seem to love.
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Medium sized eggs
- 1 cup mashed, ripe bananas, usually 3 standard sized bananas
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt, (Optional)
- Blend softened butter or margarine and sugar together. Add in eggs one at a time. Add bananas. In a 2-Cup measuring cup (or another bowl) add flour, baking powder,baking soda and salt. Pour flour into moist ingredients mixture and blend together for 5 minutes.
- Pour into greased loaf pan(s). If using more than one pan, fill each pan to the half way mark. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour then check with toothpick every 10 minutes after that til the toothpick comes out clean. Cooking times vary based on ovens.
|Serving size: 57g|
|Calories from Fat||54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 31 g||10%|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Nutritional values source
- Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Bread, banana, prepared from recipe, made with margarine
Nutrition facts and Information for Bread, banana, prepared from recipe, made with margarine
© 2012 Robin Olsen