Molten Chocolate Cupcake
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chocolate spread
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp self raising flour, (if using plain flour just add 1/2 tsp baking powder)
- 2-3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 medium sized egg
- few drops vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/ 200C/ 400F. Also butter up 2 small ramekins.
- Melt butter then add chocolate spread, cocoa powder, water and vanilla essence. Mix it well.
- Lightly beat the egg and add it to the mixture along with the sugar. Whisk the mixture for about 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Add the flour and whisk it again until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins and bake them in the oven (if you want to serve them later, you could put the ramekins in the fridge and bake them later) for about 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye on them because they should appear firm at the top but squidgy in the middle.
- Serve your yummy molten chocolate cupcake with either whipped cream or vanilla icecream.