- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Old Fashion Chicken Noodle Soup For Two
How long will it take?
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 2 hours
Ready in: 2 hours 30 min
Yields: 4 servings
What you will need
- 2 Chicken Buillon Cubes
- 5 cups of water
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 1 Stick of Celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound chicken breast, boneless/skinless cut into cubes
- 1 cup egg noodles
- Lots of Love
How to make it.
- In a large soup pot, bring water and chicken bouillon to a boil.
- While waiting for water to boil, in a small frying pan, add cut chicken cubes and butter. Cook on medium heat until chicken is white on the outside and pink in the middle.
- Add chopped onion, carrots, celery, salt and pepper to boiling water
- Add chicken and remaining butter to boiling water
- Cover and simmer on low heat for two hours, stirring occasionally.
- During the last 15 minutes, bring soup back to a boil, add cup of egg noodles, cover, and turn heat down to a simmer for the remainder of cooking.
What's helps you get through a cold?