- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Salad Recipes
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
Mom’s “Famous” Ranch Potato Salad
I was invited, last minute, to a friend’s family gathering. When I asked her what I could bring she did not even have to think she blurted, “We need potato salad!” I turned my head and discreetly made a face; I hate potato salad. I agreed to make the dreaded potato salad; however, I decided to make a potato salad that I would be able to enjoy also. My daughter started calling this recipe, Mom’s “Famous” Potato Salad, shortly after this; because I am no longer invited to an event without being asked to bring my potato salad.
3 pounds of red potatoes
2 packets of Hidden Valley Ranch dry dip Mix
1 pound of bacon
3-4 green onions
Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Rinse the potatoes and cut them into bite sized pieces.
3. Put half a packet of dry ranch mix into a gallon size plastic bag and then half of the potatoes cover potatoes with the other half of ranch mix and shake the bag until potatoes are well coated.
4. Repeat with the second half of the ranch mix and the remainder of the potatoes.
5. Bake the potatoes in the oven until golden brown.
6. While potatoes are baking fry up the bacon and chop the onions.
7. Let the potatoes and bacon cool, and then chop the bacon.
8. Mix the potatoes, onions and bacon in a large bowl and then coat with ranch dressing. I usually use most of the bottle but you can use more or less to taste.
9. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours (it’s even better if you refrigerate overnight.)
Copyright Lisa Williams 04/08/2012