Mom's Spaghetti Pie
- 6 oz. spaghetti
- 2 tbl butter
- 1/3c. parmesan cheese, dry
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c cottage cheese, small or large curd
- 1 pound ground beef OR pork sausage
- 1/2 c onions, chopped
- 1/4c green peppers(optional), chopped
- 1- 8oz. can tomatoes, diced
- 1-6oz. can tomato paste
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp oregano, crushed
- 1/2 tsp garlic, salt or minced
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook spaghetti, drain. Stir in; butter, Parmesan cheese, and beaten eggs into the spaghetti. Form spaghetti mixture in a Pam sprayed 10 inch pie plate(I always double this recipe so I use a 9x13 baking dish) I tend to use a small glass in pressing down the spaghetti on the bottom but letting it rise around the edges to form a true crust. Then spread the cottage cheese on the crust.
- In the skillet, cook ground meat, onions and green pepper till veggies are tender and meat is browned. Drain excess fat. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, garlic, and oregano. Heat through.
- Pour meat mixture over the spaghetti crust and cottage cheese. Bake uncovered on 350 for 25 minutes, Sprinkle mozzarella cheese atop-bake 5 minutes more till nice and melted.