Monte Cristo Breakfast Casserole Recipe Using French Toast
Monte Christo Breakfast Casserole topped with fresh strawberries and powdered sugar
The Monte Christo Breakfast Casserole recipe makes an indulgent breakfast with its French toast cubes and strawberry topping. But, can you have it for dinner? Of course. It boasts ham, turkey and Swiss cheese which makes it very hearty. (Breakfast for dinner is always a special treat at our house.) If you enjoy the melding of these flavors that is so tasty on the famous sandwich, then you are sure to enjoy this easy breakfast casserole.
Easy Entertaining Cookbooks
Ingredients for Monte Christo Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Gather and prepare these ingredients for easy assembly. This recipe will make 6 servings, either in 1 large 9.5 x 13.5 baking dish or two smaller round (9 inch) baking pans.
- 6 cups French toast, cubed (we used a 20 ounce box of frozen French toast sticks)
- 1 cup ham, cubed
- 1 cup turkey, cubed
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves or sauce
- 3-4 fresh strawberries, sliced (optional garnish)
- Powdered sugar (optional garnish)
Assembly Instructions for Monte Christo Breakfast Casserole
Layer the ingredients listed below in baking dishes or tins:
French toast cubes
Before it goes in the oven!
- Combine egg and milk in a bowl. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture. Pour half the mixture in each tin if the breakfast casserole has been split into two tins.
- Follow cooking directions below to cook this entrée now.
- Label tins.
- Package strawberry sauce in small plastic containers or keep in original packaging until serving time.
Wrap portions you plan to freeze by encasing the baking tin in aluminum foil and then plastic wrap.
Print and Cut Cooking Instructions
Monte Christo Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Instructions: Thaw casserole and strawberry topping in refrigerator for approx. 24 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake uncovered for approx. 30-35 minutes or until golden brown in center. Internal temperature should register 160F.
Serving Suggestions: Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with strawberry topping and fresh strawberries.
No. of Servings:_________________
Tips and Suggestions
- Use a different fruit topping such as raspberries or blackberries.
- Leave out the meat and the dish becomes vegetarian.
- Consume frozen entrees within 2 months of freezing for best quality.
Cut and Serve. Top with fresh fruit or preserves.
Other Breakfast and Brunch Entrees
- Quiche Recipes to Make Ahead and Freeze
Make ahead and freeze quiche recipes and you will always have a special breakfast on hand. These quiche recipes freeze well and were a staple at our meal assembly store.
- Farmer's Breakfast Egg Casserole Recipe
Make ahead and freeze this easy breakfast egg casserole recipe. It is hearty enough to serve for dinner. The cheesy potatoes are topped with ham, green onion and a tasty egg mixture.
- Baked French Toast with Fruit
Our customers enjoyed this Baked French Toast recipes with peaches. Pick your favorite fruit. Entertaining does not get any better than this. Refrigerator overnight or freeze and bake when you are ready.