Mushroom Bhajji Recipe
I was asked by a close friend of mine to put one vegetarian dish here. My personal favorite in vegetables is mushroom. Mushrooms are not only easy to digest but are very healthy. Here I am going to put one easy recipe of mushroom. Mushroom is easy to get and it got nice color and texture and makes a very appealing dish. Bhajji is Hindi word which means vegetable.
1. White mushroom : 280 gms/10 oz
2. Sunflower/ Olive Oil : 4 Tsp
3. Chilli: 1 finely chopped.
4. Onion : 1 finely chopped
5. Garlic Puree: 2 tsp
6. Ground cumin : 1 Tsp
7. Ground coriander : 1 Tsp
8. Red Chilli Powder : ½ Tsp
9. Salt: ½ Tsp
10. Tomato Puree: 1 table spoon
11. Chives snipped and fresh : 1 Tsp
12. Water : 3 table spoon
1. Wash the mushroom and cut in to thick slices.
2. In a pan heat the oil and then sauté onions and chilli for 5 mins , stirring occasionally. Take pan off heat when onions gets soft but make sure they don’t brown. Now add to this the garlic puree and cook it for two minutes more stirring it continuously.
3. Now to this mixture add cumin powder, chilli powder and coriander and cook it for a minute or two. Do keep stirring it continuously.
4. Now add mushrooms, tomato puree and salt and cook and stir till all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
5. Now reduce heat to low and sprinkle water on the mixture. Now cover the pan with the lid and cook for about 5 minutes. This would thicken the sauce. Even if the sauce is still not thick enough then cook for 3 or 4 minutes more uncovered to evaporate excess water till the desired consistency is reached.
6. Now dish is ready , transfer the dish in to the serving bowl and garnish it with chives on top.
7. Serve Hot.