- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Soup Recipes
Mushroom Guiness Pea Soup Recipe
Green Pea Soup
Pea soup is probably my favorite meal ever. Its funny, because I went my entire life not knowing something I love so much existed. A few years ago, my father-in-law was making it and I thought it smelled pretty good. He explained that pea soup is one of those things you either love or hate, and that the night wouldn't end without me trying it. I fell in love instantly, and pea soup and I have been inseparable ever since.
It wasn't until just this Winter that I discovered how great it tastes with one of my favorite beers in it.. What a dangerously amazing discovery that was.
- 1/4 purple/red onion
- a few stalks of celery
- 1 can Guinness, (minus a couple sips)
- 4 Guiness cans water
- 2 bags split peas
- a lot chopped mushrooms
- pinch sweet basil
- pinch salt and pepper
Recipes with Guinness
- First I started by putting the split peas in my large crock pot on high.
- Then I poured Guinness over the peas, and added my four cans of water.
- Next I cut the onions and celery and added those.
- Then I added salt, pepper and basil.
- Next I added the chopped mushrooms.
- Then I let it go, I stirred it every once in a while and once the peas really started getting soft, I lowered the heat and let it simmer for a while.
|Serving size: whole pot|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 83 g||28%|
|Sugar 23 g|
|Fiber 24 g||96%|
|Protein 26 g||52%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 143 mg||6%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|