Mustardy Vegetarian Mustard Greens
Serve with roasted corn and call it dinner!
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 40 min
Yields: Serves 4
- 6 cups cleaned and chopped mustard greens
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dusseldorf mustard
- 1 cup low sodium veggie stock
- 1/2 of a red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, roughly chopped
- olive oil
- Heat a large skillet and add enough olive oil to saute your veggies.
- Add 1/2 of a red onion and 1 orange bell pepper, both roughly chopped.
- Once the veggies are soft, add 6 cups of mustard greens, cleaned and chopped.
- Add 2 cloves of minced garlic and 1 cup of low sodium veggie stock, stir and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of dusseldorf mustard and a bit or a lot of butter, to finish off your sauce. Turn the heat down to low and let the greens relax for a few minutes before turning off the heat and serving them.