- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
My Big Salad Recipe
- 1 cup cauliflower, fresh
- 12 leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup carrots, fresh
- 1/2 cup bell pepper
- 1/2 can tuna, water packed
- 1/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing
Delicious Salad Recipe
Big Salad Good For Weight Loss
Are you looking for an easy meal that will help you to be healthy and possibly help you to lose weight? Try my big salad recipe. This is my go-to meal helps me to kickstart weight loss and healthy eating when a few bad choices have led me off the right eating track!
By putting fresh greens into my body, I am signalling to my body that I am starting to "get healthy." Eating live food helps to revive my digestive system and helps me feel less bloated. I also like to eat a smoothie for breakfast, a healthy dinner and two healthy snacks. Following this regime helps to put me into the weight loss zone, where I try to plan my meals, and workout to lose weight.
- Wash lettuce and chop into edible pieces. Add to a big bowl.
- Wash all other vegetables. Chop into bite-sized pieces and add to lettuce. Toss salad.
- In small bowl, break up tuna into small pieces. Add to salad and mix.
- Add blueberries. Mix.
- Add salad dressing and mix well.
I Used To Hate Salads!
Although I have always known that I should eat salads, I have never liked them that much. Therefore, I was searching for a way to make salads palatable to me, so that I could sustain salad eating for the long term.
After some experimenting, this is the basic template for a big salad that I love. It will definitely fill you up, and you will be surprised at how delicious it is, too. This is a simple salad -- it doesn't look too fancy -- but it is great for getting yourself off of your overeating and back into healthy mode.
One more great benefit of creating this salad recipe has been that I now actually love salads!
|Serving size: 1 salad|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Carbohydrates 48 g||16%|
|Fiber 11 g||44%|
|Protein 21 g||42%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Rate This Recipe!
- The trick with eating salad to fill you up is to have lots of it. This truly is a big salad that will fill you up, and help to alleviate your cravings.
- The salad contains 11 g of fibre, which is 44% of the average daily requirement of fibre. This is why the salad fills you up so nicely.
- Make sure all of your vegetables are fresh, especially the greens.
- A big salad is very good idea if you are craving something crunchy, because the crunch of all the vegetables will give you that crunch that your mouth is craving.
- The reason I have included a regular salad dressing in the recipe is that I find that allowing myself high flavour salad dressing gets me eating salads and healthy stuff, and is worth the fat calories. You could also substitute a lower-fat dressing to lower the calories.
- This recipe has two tablespoons of salad dressing, for a total of 12 g of fat, or 30.5% of the meal, which is still an acceptable amount.
- The tuna provides 42% of an average daily requirement of protein, which is excellent.
- Use spinach leaves instead of Romaine. The darker leaves are better for you than the iceberg lettuce.
- Use another protein instead of tuna. Ideas are brown beans, chopped chicken, shredded cheese, or even sunflowers or almonds. Be aware, however, that changing your protein, will change the nutrition values of the dish.
- Use any kind of dressing that you prefer, but a creamy dressing goes best with this combination of ingredients. You may wish to swap in a low fat version instead.
- Use different colours of bell peppers, to add some beautiful colour.
- You could also add in celery which has a nice crunch.
- Use raspberries, strawberries or blackberries instead of blueberries.
Do You Like Salad?
- The BlueBerry Flax Breakfast Sandwich
Original recipe for a blueberry flax spread, on toast with sliced bananas. Full of super-nutrients and a great energy booster.
- The Best Blueberry Hemp Smoothie Recipe For Weight L...
The best blueberry smoothie to drink for weight loss, made from a combination of powerhouse ingredients.
- Scrambled Eggs Deluxe
Scrambled eggs with veges added for delicious flavour.