Awesome Buffalo Wings!
My home-style buffalo wings!
Buffalo wings origin..
According to my research via google, Buffalo wings originated as a cuisine in the United States. It is the wing part of a chicken that is deep-fried and what makes it more interesting is that is is coated or dipped in a spicy sauce consisting of vinegar-based cayenne pepper hot sauce and melted butter. It was said that Buffalo wings was invented in 1964 at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York by Teressa Bellisimo. It got its name from that place.
This Buffalo Wing recipe is also famous here in the Philippines. This is one of the flavors served in Unlimited Chicken Wings Restaurants. This is also known to be best when paired with beer. Restaurants serving this kind of dish are the favorite hangout of young people in Cebu City.
I tried this recipe at home and I made a twist on its sauce by adding other ingredients other than the usual spices or seasonings used in this type of dish. I will share it to you so you can try this at home and serve to your family and friends!
- 1/2 cup cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 pcs chicken wings
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 dash black peper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pieces calamondin or calamansi in filipino
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Instructions for cooking:
- For the chicken wings, place it in a bowl and added salt and pepper and two pieces calamondin. I marinated it for at least an hour. In a small bowl,mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Coat the chicken wings with the flour mixture. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). The oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely, an inch or so deep. Fry coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the entire wings begin to turn brown. Remove from heat, place wings in serving bowl, set aside as we will make the hot sauce.
- Combine the butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended. In my case, I added paprika to make it appear more red to give a spicy appearance. I also added one tablespoon brown sugar. But this is optional. For me, the brown sugar would add more flavor. Add hot sauce mixture into the fried chicken wings and mix together. Serve.
Home-style buffalo wings is a good mood food!
The buffalo wing recipe may have a totally different style from where it originated but making my own version of it by adding other ingredients gives me a sense of fulfillment and happiness especially that my family loves it very much. This has been their favorite finger food.
I usually cook this dish every time we have a get together or even just on ordinary weekends when all of us are at home. When I first tried this recipe, it was not that excellent, however, doing it a couple of times made me learn to perfect it. The indescribable quality and taste is what makes it such an interesting and delicious discovery.
I really love making my own version or doing some home-style cooking. From delightful snacks to delectable dishes, this wonderful hobby of mine is an ultimate outlet from being slammed with all the other tasks that I get to do everyday. Since cooking is about creating something delicious delight ourselves and other people, I would always make it a point that when I have time I will cook for them. This, for me, would create momentous times that I could treasure forever and hand down to my children.