My Family's Favorite Taco Salad
The Worlds Best Taco Salad
My mom makes the best taco salad ever! She says she has been making it for 30 years. It makes a great thing to bring to family gatherings or potlucks, because it serves a lot of people and is delicious!
What you'll need:
- 1 Head of Iceberg lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 Large OR 2 Small tomatoes, diced
- 1 Can of Ranch Beans, chilled and drained
- 1 Package of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Small bottle of Catalina dressing, chilled
- 1 Pound of hamburger meat
- 1 Pouch of taco seasoning
- 1 Bag of original Fritos
How you Make It:
1. Prepare hamburger meat with taco seasoning, set aside.
2. Toss lettuce, tomatoes, beans, and cheese in a LARGE bowl.
3. Pour dressing over the salad and toss it again
4. Put a few Fritos in a bowl and top with a serving of salad
5. Finish with the warm taco meat on top of the salad
6. Add extra chips and/or cheese to the top if you want
Do not pour the dressing on the salad until you are ready to serve it (the lettuce will get soggy).
I really like this because it hot, cold, and crunchy all at the same time. You should definitely try it one night for dinner!
Parker (and my mom)