My Famous Cheesy Potatoes.
so much cheese.
I don't ever think you can have too much cheese so if you feel this isn't enough please add more.
This isn't a photo of my potatoes, but this is what they look like. I just don't have a photo on hand and it's 1:48 am.
5 stars all day.
Mama does it best, but I am not a vegetarian.
This recipe is from my mom, I don't know where she got it but I have altered it a little. She is a vegetarian and I am definitely not so I used cream of chicken soup but she always used cream of celery soup. I like chicken better because I think it has more flavor than celery.
In school they taught us that recipes are a guidline. I fully agree and hope to just provide a backbone for recipes so you can tweak them to make them yours.
It's probably because I'm Irish but I'm obsessed.
Time to go shopping.
- 1 bag Shredded potatoes, Doesn't matter the brand. Potato po-ta-toe. That's hard to type.
- 1 can Cream of chicken soup, Trust me.
- 1 block Cream cheese, It makes everything better.
- 1 stick BUTTER., I mean butter. No substitutes ever.
- 1 bag Cheddar cheese, The whole bag, don't be stingy.
- 1 packet Ranch Seasoning, I don't know which is better, Ranch or butter....or cheese.
Throw everything into the crockpot and turn it on.
- Please for the love of all things Holy take the food out of the packages. The fact that I even have to say that shows how far the human race has fallen.