My Favorite Grilled Chicken Salad
Please Rate this Recipe
Grilled Chicken Salad
This is something that can be made very quickly and is healthy and tasty. If you have a George Forman grill that is the best way I make the grilled chicken. If you don't have a George Forman you can use this exact recipe just bake the chicken in the oven following the same instructions just a little extra sauce and heat for about 30 minutes on 350. I started making this regularly when our Doctor told us that hubbies cholesterol is really high and he needs to eat a little better in order to help the medicine work.(That is for a whole other story) I always liked to eat a salad for a side or a meal it self but my family much prefers a heavier meal. I have worked on this recipe for a long time to make it perfect for our taste. I like to serve with a nice soft bread and butter or garlic bread.
Grilled Chicken Salad
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken breast, boneless skinless
- 1 head Iceburg Lettuce
- 20 olives
- 1/2 bottle Italian Salad Dressing
- 20 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 1/4 onion
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/4 package chedder cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon season salt
Preparing Grilled Chicken Salad
- start heating George Forman
- In large Bowl add chicken( cut into small strips) 1/2 bottle of Italian Salad Dressing(I like a zesty Italian) and all dry seasonings. Mix well
- Chop and prepare Salad the way you like
- When Chicken is Grilled to perfection take off grill and set aside to cool
- Once Salad is completed and Chicken is cooled place chicken strips on top of salad and add either croutons and some sprinkled cheese.
- Top with your favorite dressing
Somethings you may need
Some of my other recipes
- Food and Recipes
Hi I am Lisa, Lisa is using Pinterest, an online pinboard to collect and share what inspires you. This is a link to a lot of other recipes written either by me or by my followers. Please feel free to enjoy and re share them as you see fit.
a little variation
You can also make a grilled steak salad or a fried chicken salad. There are about a million different combinations that can be made with salad.
Since Grilled Chicken is my favorite that is what I choose to write about but the others are just as tasty.
I also like to add either italian style croutons or another favorite is the Texas Toast Tortillas Strips. I like the Southwest flavor ones.