- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
My Favorite Grilled Chicken Salad
Please Rate this Recipe
Grilled Chicken Salad
This is something that can be made very quickly and is healthy and tasty. If you have a George Forman grill that is the best way I make the grilled chicken. If you don't have a George Forman you can use this exact recipe just bake the chicken in the oven following the same instructions just a little extra sauce and heat for about 30 minutes on 350. I started making this regularly when our Doctor told us that hubbies cholesterol is really high and he needs to eat a little better in order to help the medicine work.(That is for a whole other story) I always liked to eat a salad for a side or a meal it self but my family much prefers a heavier meal. I have worked on this recipe for a long time to make it perfect for our taste. I like to serve with a nice soft bread and butter or garlic bread.
Grilled Chicken Salad
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken breast, boneless skinless
- 1 head Iceburg Lettuce
- 20 olives
- 1/2 bottle Italian Salad Dressing
- 20 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 1/4 onion
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/4 package chedder cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon season salt
Preparing Grilled Chicken Salad
- start heating George Forman
- In large Bowl add chicken( cut into small strips) 1/2 bottle of Italian Salad Dressing(I like a zesty Italian) and all dry seasonings. Mix well
- Chop and prepare Salad the way you like
- When Chicken is Grilled to perfection take off grill and set aside to cool
- Once Salad is completed and Chicken is cooled place chicken strips on top of salad and add either croutons and some sprinkled cheese.
- Top with your favorite dressing
Somethings you may need
Some of my other recipes
- Food and Recipes
Hi I am Lisa, Lisa is using Pinterest, an online pinboard to collect and share what inspires you. This is a link to a lot of other recipes written either by me or by my followers. Please feel free to enjoy and re share them as you see fit.
a little variation
You can also make a grilled steak salad or a fried chicken salad. There are about a million different combinations that can be made with salad.
Since Grilled Chicken is my favorite that is what I choose to write about but the others are just as tasty.
I also like to add either italian style croutons or another favorite is the Texas Toast Tortillas Strips. I like the Southwest flavor ones.