- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
My Favorite Leftover Chicken Recipes
In my house leftover chicken often goes to the dog. But, here are a few recipes that are so yummy and toddler approved.
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 3 hours
- Ready in: 3 hours 15 min
- Yields: serves 3-4 people
Chicken and 3 Bean Chili
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Navy Beans
- 1 Can Great Northern Beans
- 1 Can Pinto Beans
- Diced or shredded leftover chicken
- 1 Quart Broth
- Diced Apple
- Salt and Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Drain and wash beans.
- Mix ingredients together in a large pot or crock pot and cook on low for about 3 hours.
The longer this chili sits the better it taste. Be sure to watch it close or all of the liquid will evaporate. If this happens you can add more liquid broth or water.
3 people; 2 halves for each person
Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 3 Sweet Potatoes; sliced in half
- Olive Oil
- Favorite BBQ Sauce; homemade or store bought
- Leftover Diced Chicken
- Chopped Onion
- Apple Juice
- A touch of Marshmallow Fluff
- Brown Sugar; Optional
Instructions for the Sweet Potatoes
- Set oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place tin foil on a baking sheet. Use olive oil so the sweet potatoes come off of the foil easily.
- Place sweet potatoes so that they lay flat onto the baking sheet.
- Put the sweet potatoes in oven for 35 minutes. Check occasionally since every stove and potato are different.
Chicken and BBQ Mixture
- Cook Onions in olive oil until soft on medium heat
- Throw in cooked diced chicken and BBQ sauce.
- Thin out BBQ sauce with apple juice on medium low
- Add a tablespoon of honey and a little bit of marshmallow fluff
- Mix the mixture
- Add Brown sugar and cinnamon
- Mix mixture and put on low heat.
You want the mixture to be some what runny.
Now the Fun Part!
- Once sweet potatoes are done and cool enough to handle; scoop the sweet potatoes from the peel and add to your BBQ mixture. Stirring frequently and watching the mixture so it does not get to thick.
- Once every peel resembles a bowl fill it with the mixture.
- Place on plates and serve.
This dish is also great with a side of stuffings. It is kind of like Thanksgiving but instead of turkey I used chicken.