- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pasta Recipes
My Favourite Lasagna Recipe
- For Bolognese Sauce: :
- 1 Onion, (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Cloves Garlic, (Crushed)
- 500g Mince
- 400g Tinned chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Stock Cube
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 250g Lasagna Strips
- Salt and Pepper, (To Taste)
- For Cheese Sauce: :
- 1 Pint Grated Cheese
- 1 Pint Milk
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 25g Butter
Very Handy Lasanga Dish (100% Recommend)
- Preheat oven to 200C (392F)
- Put cheese, flour & nutmeg in a saucepan, mix well. Add milk, stir well. Bring to boil, stirring, the sauce will thicken as it heats.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, when hot add onion & garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add mince. (At this point you can also add a few 'glugs' of red wine to the frying pan with your mince to give it extra flavour, this is not essential though.) Fry mince until no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes, tomato puree and sugar. Crumble in stock cube and stir well. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 mins. Add herbs and season with salt & pepper.
- Put a layer of bolognese sauce on the bottom of an oven proof dish, cover with lasagna strips, pour over a layer of cheese sauce.
- Add another layer of pasta strips, the rest of the bolognese sauce, a last layer of pasta strips and then the rest of the cheese sauce.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes in the oven, then serve.
As stated in the recipe, you can add red wine during the frying process to add more flavour to the meat but this is not essential.
My favourite way to serve lasagna is with a good helping of garlic bread.