- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
My Mom's Italian Polenta (in a Microwave)
My Mom's Polenta (Steaming, hot out of the microwave)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
Ready in: 20 min
Yields: 8-10 servings
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Corn Meal, (white or yellow, I use yellow)
- 1 tsp Salt, to taste, if you want added salt
- Optional: Cubed Cheese (any type)
- Add all ingredients into microwave safe bowl, cover with lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, stir the cornmeal well using a fork, the heavy cornmeal will be on the bottom, and lumpy. It will mix together well.
- Cover again with lid or plastic wrap and cook on high for 5 more minutes.
- Take the polenta out of the microwave and place on a flat plate or in a pie pan. It will get harder as it cools.
- If adding cheese, this is when you stick the cheese in the polenta while it's nice and hot. The cheese will melt into the polenta.