My Own Version Of Salchichon & Chicken Soup Recipe.
This Spanish Soup Is Delicious It's Must Try
It a traditional Puerto Rican soup made with vegetables and Salchichon only but throughout the years, I have added my own twisted to making this fabulous dish by adding chicken. Usually, when I make my own version of this Salchichon & Chicken soup. Its typically, when its's cold outside or if my family is sick. This dish does not last that long in my house because its so darn good. I love feeding my family healthy foods. This Puerto Rican dish is one of my favorite dishes to make because it's so easy and simple to make. We sometimes eat it with fried plantains and with a twist of lime to add more flavor to the dish but you can try using tortillas or any other condiments that your heart desires.
Here are the ingredients you should use for this recipe
- One or half of a Salchichon, peel the skin off and cut it into moon shapes
- 4 or 5 pieces Chicken Legs or Breast, shred after tender
- 2 or 3 Medium size Potatoes, peeled and chopped or diced
- 2 or 3 Whole Carrots, peeled and chopped or diced
- A handful of Spaghetti Noodles
- 3 cubes or 2,3 Tbsp of Sofrito, home made is the best
- One Package of Goya Sazon con Azafran
- Add about a handful Adobo from Goya
- Add about a handful Garlic salt
- 1 or 2 pieces Bay leaves
- 1 can of 8oz of Tomato sauce
- 5 or 6 pieces of Corn on the cob
- Add a six or eight cups of water into a pot. Then add you chicken first and put the fire on medium heat, add the handful of spices abobo, garlic salt, bay leaves, saxon, and two or three tbsp of sofrito. Let the chicken boil for about 15 to 20 minutes or maybe longer if the chickens not tender. Once the chicken is somewhat tender shred it and place it back into the pot. Once you peeled and chopped the carrots and potatoes add them into the pot. Then add the peeled and cut up sausage (Salchichon) the final ten minutes of the cooking process add the handful of spaghetti noodles or any kind of noodle you would like to use is just fine. The meal should be done within a hour or so.