How to prepare my Spring Salad with 3 ingredients in less than 3 minutes
Growing up my mum made some of the best salads ever. I always wondered as we made the salads in the kitchen together if there were strict guidelines for making salads. There really aren't. Anyone can make a salad from any "food mixtures tossed or served with a moist dressing." You can add whatever tickles your fancy to a salad dish or take away whatever makes you wrinkle your nose and think "I don't want that". Not everyone loves chopped tomatoes in a salad, so there you go, something for you to take away if you so desire.
I enjoy making salads. We have them every week at home. There are no hard and fast rules. I don't follow any particular recipe. I just depend on 3 things to make whatever salad I can create: my shopping list, my supermarket and later on, whatever I can grab from the fridge! I toss a few veges together drizzle some dressing on my mixture and woop! I have a salad.
3 ingredients, less than 3 minutes
My family loves this very simple salad that I make at least once a week. Friends whom I have made it for have loved it too, and commented on how simple it was to make, yet how tasty it was in the end. Now I want to share my simple recipe for my spring salad with 3 ingredients in less than 3 minutes with my hub community.
So here you go. You need
- one head of lettuce,
- some shredded mackarel or chicken (depending on your choice),
- a golden delicious apple, cut into fine little pieces, (depending on numbers eating).
- Roughly cut up the lettuce leaves and give them a good wash. Allow leaves to sit in a colander to drain off all water.
- Empty the colander of leaves into a bowl.
- Add shredded mackarel or chicken together with pieces of apples to the leaves.
- Toss them all together and you have your salad.
For the dressing I recommend Tesco's Mayo with Piripiri (medium strength) for that added kick, but you can add any dressing of your choice.
Serve the salad with some toast or a nice healthy portion of roasted chicken or grilled fish.
There you go, my spring salad with 3 ingredients in less than 3 minutes. Try it and let me know what you think.